Spirent TestCenterSpirent TestCenter: Highly Scalable Switch, Router and Access Testing
Convergence is creating a new generation of integrated network devices and services that are much more complex than ever before. This increased complexity, combined with a scarcity of testing skills and architectural shortcomings in current test systems, is hurting the ability of manufacturers to ship products on time at acceptable quality levels. And it is slowing service providers’ ability to deploy networks that get Quality of Experience (QoE) right the first time. Spirent TestCenter is an end-to-end testing solution that delivers high performance with deterministic results. Service providers, NEMs and enterprises can use it to test, measure and assure their networks and deploy services with confidence.
Spirent TestCenter provides measurement solutions for next generation networks—from traditional performance testing to the rigorous analysis of Virtualisation, Cloud Computing, Mobile Backhaul, and High Speed Ethernet.
THE SMARTER WAY TO TEST
Service providers, equipment manufacturers, product designers, and testing specialists trust Spirent TestCenter for its Performance, Flexibility, Realism, and Optimisation. By reducing costs, improving coverage, and cutting time to test—Spirent TestCenter is the Smarter Way to Test.
TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION LEADERSHIP
Supporting the latest technology is critical when it comes to testing. Making claims is one thing but publically demonstrating them is another. Spirent works with the leading test organisation and equipment manufactures to push the envelope of what’s possible. For example:
Download this eBook to learn more about the concept of network functions virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN).
Learn about the importance of OpenFlow performance testing and the test methodologies you can use to do your own testing.
With Spirent’s NFV testing solutions you can ensure performance, reliability and predictability for your virtualized network functions—before and after deployment.
Perfect for next-generation network and infrastructure testing
- Supports a broad array of network emulated protocols
- Offers a unified platform with unparalleled benefits
- Protects test equipment ROI by evolving with your needs
- Improves efficiency by automating repetitive tasks to expand test coverage
- Reduces test time and cost with real-time answers and not just results
- Emulates complex network topologies and traffic conditions
- Helps quickly identify problem areas with intelligent results
- Interesting Streams—this feature allows a user to create search criteria such as frame loss, rate, latency, jitter or other combinations of measurements; the system will find all the streams matching the criteria and present them in the results view
- HyperFilters™—incoming traffic can be segregated into 64K different categories based on user-defined combinations of five filters operating on the frame data itself
- Stray Frames Detection—the system can automatically detect stray frames (multicast, L2 and VLAN flooding/leaking) and bring them to the tester’s attention
- Hierarchical Results (drill down)—Results are available at the traffic group, stream block, stream (with drill down) and flow levels
- Tx to Rx Mapping—testers need Tx counts particularly for devices that shape and police traffic; Spirent TestCenter provides these counts and rates for 32K Tx streams per port with matching statistics on the Rx port
- Industry-leading charting capability feature—provides more statistics to chart, high-resolution charts with user-specified triggering, and integrated control and data plane events on same chart with same time reference
- Analysis of non-test frames—Spirent TestCenter can analyse frames, including applying HyperFilters, to live traffic
- Intelligent Results allows users to quickly identify the problematic areas
- Real-time Tx controls enables the tester to troubleshoot problems by altering the test while it is running
- Real-time results views allow the user to see how the device responds to changes in the test conditions without having to stop the test and save the results
- Real-time capture/decode—detailed analysis of interactions between Spirent TestCenter and the DUT without having to halt transmission
- Comprehensive capture filters allow the user to isolate problem frames/exchanges from the traffic torrent at 10G wire rate
- Comprehensive Logging ensures no critical events are missed while allowing the user to filter out all but the key events
- The system can analyse non-Spirent TestCenter traffic to troubleshoot production networks